All places

Evangelic Lutheran Church of St. Mary
Evangelic Lutheran Church of St. Mary
The Kirkha of St. Mary in Buff-garden is a functioning Lutheran church. However, this building is the second birth of the church. It was built in 2006.
Tomsk Polytechnic University (The Main Building)
Tomsk Polytechnic University (The Main Building)
The TPU was built more than a hundred years ago and it was the first technical higher education institution beyond the Urals, and the architectural ensemble of its buildings was then called the St. Petersburg Corner.
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 1st, Mining Building)
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 1st, Mining Building)
During the construction of the first Tomsk Institute of Technology building in 1899, its first principal Efim Zubashev returned from the Siberian tour and turned to making a curriculum draft.
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 3rd building)
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 3rd building)
The building number 3 is usually called the Physics Building. In 1923 there was created the first Siberian Scientific Research Institute – the Institute of Applied Physics.
Residential house of the early XX century
Residential house of the early XX century
The two-storey wooden house on 30, Kuznetsova st. could have many memorial tablets, telling the by passers the story of its former residents.
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 2nd building)
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 2nd building)
This TPU building (the Chemical building) is the second one in the modern numbering of TPU buildings. It was also built the second – soon after the construction of the Main building.
Museum of TPU History
Museum of TPU History
Here are collected more than 15000 items – some of them are modern, like equipment, photos and university’s awards, while some of them are genuinely unique and even as old as the university itself.
TPU Scientific and Technical Library
TPU Scientific and Technical Library
The TPU STL is the first technical library beyond the Urals. In the first years of its existence in the beginning of XX century its stock was gleaned, books were acquired as well by means of citizens’ donations.
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 19th building)
Tomsk Polytechnic University (the 19th building)
The 19th building is one of the youngest Polytechnic buildings. It was built in 2001. It became a residence for the Humanities Department, which was also founded relatively not long ago – in 1998.